You Sure You Wanna Come In?

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reduction.

Is it just me, or -

No, I think it's true.

There are fewer cars on the roads nowadays. So maybe, just maybe, the recent petrol price hike is kind of a good thing.

I've always had this perception that to reduce road congestion, the government should like have this quota of number of cars on the road. I know it's easier said than done, but seriously, it would actually help a lot.

41% was a huge increase. I mean, at one go. But as mentioned the good thing that has come out of it is that people have finally realised, it's public transport time.

I, for one take public transport whenever I can and especially if I'm traveling alone, e.g. bus from college, LRT to other places. And I have to say, although our public transport facilities aren't in tip top shape, they're actually underrated. I mean, what's so bad about the LRT, apart from the fact that the lines don't extend into certain parts of the Klang Valley? Trains do come every few minutes, which makes it that bit better than the buses which could come anytime in the next five minutes of fifty.

We can only wonder why the government didn't decide on creating more stations earlier. I mean, the current plan is probably gonna be put into action like, next year, and be completed in four years time. That is far too long. In four years time this country could, or rather will become net importers of petroleum! We have to slow down this economic effect a lot quicker.

Damn, I'm sounding like some environmental activist or something.

The papers actually reported that more people were taking public transport now and that there has been a decrease in number of cars on the roads. It is evident. I can see it with my own eyes, I just hope this will continue for the better.

If I'm not wrong, there have been certain measures taken to 'increase' capacity of the trains, by taking away some of the seats in the trains. That day I was taking the LRT from Kelana Jaya and usually, regardless of the time, when I enter I get to sit down since it is the first stop of the line. This time though, it was so packed right from the start. At KLCC, there were tons of people lining up to get on to the trains.

So if you're alone, and you need to go somewhere near, cycle there. If you're alone, and you need to go somewhere far, and your destination happens to be near an LRT station, take the LRT.

What the hell is this post for.