You Sure You Wanna Come In?

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Recharge.

Today was an interesting day.

Had the chance to play some viola duos with Andrew. Learnt about many things involving music, local music society, amongst other things. Also got a new (well not really new) distraction to do with my left hand fingers which I have really, really started worrying about. =\

Got a call from AUNTY AUDREY HO about an upcoming chamber concert which will feature Dvorak's American Quartet in its entirety!

The String Hoppers reunite!

And I'm one of the players!

Yes!

Okay, stay positive now. It may be in June, which might be a crazy month in terms of things NOT to do with music and which may include my inability to make it for what MIGHT be my last MPYO camp, but I will play in the quartet. I will.

I WILL, YOU HEAR ME?

Looking forward to the next camp, although I barely know the repertoire apart from Beethoven 5, Blue Danube and OMG E.T.! YES! Duncan you must be overjoyed we're playing Mahler 5. If I'm not mistaken the Adagietto was the one you had on your blog music player right? Great stuff.

Worried about the viola section in terms of numbers though. We really need fresh blood next camp, and ADEQUETE AT THE LEAST THEY MUST BE! Gosh there are so many jokes out there, dissing violists. And it's funny how violists themselves can laugh at themselves (e.g. me) when telling or listening to the jokes.

This must have been one of the most random posts ever. And the fact that I'm actually blogging about what's happening in my life wtf. What happened to that vow eh?

Now on to my toughest review yet, Dave Koz.

Yeah you know, the guy who you can hear saying something along the lines of: "This is Dave Koz, and you're listening to Light FM".

***

So there's a string quartet in a football field.

At each corner of the field, there are the four players - 1st violinist, 2nd violinist, violist, and cellist.

50 bucks - thrown into the middle of the field. Yeah, right in the circle.

Who's gonna get there first?

The cellist, of course!

Why?

Well, the 1st violinist ain't gonna budge, why would he be so desperate for a measly 50 bucks?

The 2nd violinist ain't budging either, why would he make a move without the 1st violinist making a move himself?

And the violist?

HE AIN'T SEEN NOTHING LIKE THE 50 BUCKS SO HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SORRY ANDREW! IT WAS JUST TOO GOOD!

7 comments:

dylanlee said...

Teeheefufu! Cellist is victorious, yo!

Duncan Yeow said...

Jebat i never knew that your ears were so well trained to realize that i had that exact Mahler movt playing on my blog. Infact, it is playing right now in my room here haha! It's beautiful!

Duncan Yeow said...

I'm impressed, Jebat! =)

AF said...

The irony of it...

The viola joke = a tragic glimpse into reality.

Hahaha!

Eben said...

Nice joke XD

Jebat said...

YEAH! SO FITTING! OMG!

dylanlee said...

OMG! YEAH! WHOA!